TOok time out to watch this movie with Mark.
"The Brave One" cast Jodie Foster as the leading actress of this movie.
I like the way the film is done. Especially the part when the couple were sent to the hospital after the assault. The contrast image of how she laid in the emergency room with medical attentions against the comfort and warm sensation with her boyfriend's touch. All that where gone in a night, she should have got married that night I felt.
Needless to say Jodie delivers what that character, Erica Banks. With that skinny & frail, yet cold an stern facial expression. She brings out the 'stranger' within her after her boyfriend's death and emotional trauma.
This movie delivers New Yoke as a safe and yet bizarre city, which i believe many who has been there might felt the same way. The movie display the intense moments of struggle between saying the truth and saying what the general public wants to hear as Erica was radio broadcaster.
A struggle she has to come to terms with the fear and injustice surrounding her, till she took matters with her own hands.
Overall Jodie delivered, but I believe censorship in SG must have cut much of the contents away. Some parts I felt it moved too fast without linkage.
I think this story also describe all assault victims fear, emotion and justice they seek. It may also reflects this small country of ours without strong unity and law enforcement, it might turn into a city like NY.
As the slogan goes " Low Crimes, Does Not Mean No Crimes"
-= A liTTle Crazy worLd =-
No comments:
Post a Comment